Rca Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 10 December 2010

My favourite experimental videos from the class...

Posted on 10:05 by Unknown
Here I have commented on some of my classmates work that I felt was well done and appealing to me in some way.

I enjoyed Toms (both Tom Spettel and Tom Gamesons animations)

Heres Tom Gamesons

The Venetian Mask from Tom Gameson on Vimeo.

The lights are very effective at changing the look and colours of the mask. Its also nicely edited/timed with the music and has a strong atmospheric feel to it..

Here's a link to Tom Spettel's experimental piece.

Brilliant :) Love the smoothly animated movement of the characters and also the way it has been done. The characters have a lot of character!

I really enjoyed Ollys one as well..



I like the look of it. Very nice.. no lens flares though or motion blur.. Whats going on Olly? hehe :)

Also, the natural element of using water and plants gives it a nice earthy feel and I like the glowing addition of drawn plants and mushrooms. I think this has inspired me - I would like to do some glowing animation myself at some point.

Brians one was interesting too..

A variety of techniques and methods used resulting in a well synchronised piece.
I like the light painting - turning into smoke.. it suited that part of the music very effectively.

Heres a few more that stood out for me..

Rosi's - I like the idea of combining a 3d paper model with 2d characters. Very cool.
Joe's - Like the intergalactic feel to it! And of course the giant singing mouth.
Grethe's - The method worked quite well and it is also one of the only ones that carried a message.
Jake's - Cool ink effects and I like the bit with the birds..

There are many more that were cool but theres not enough time to write about them all.. Good effort everyone some very nice work ! Have a good Christmas and New Year :)




Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in inspiration | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So it begins...the third year! My plan of action..
    Third year. The final year. Our last year. (On our Digital Animation BA for those of you who may not know what I'm on about.) Its a litt...
  • Post progress
    I have been working on this quite a bit over the last week. First, I looked at the animatic to figure out the timing of the actual shooting ...
  • Projected History.. My ship is now in ship shape! Woo!
    This project has been chugging along happily in the background alongside all our other projects and so it has taken a while but.. the ship i...
  • Inspirational! Oktapodi
    Love this!  It was made in Paris at Goblins School of the Image and won 13 awards. As far as I can tell it was a collaboration between 6 pe...
  • Cinematography - experimenting and time lapse
    I got out a P2 camcorder from the media desk on Friday to have a good play with it over the weekend.. One of the first things I wanted to tr...
  • Rap video
    Heres a nice little rap video I came across.. I like the clever use of typography and colour synchronising smoothly with the lyrics. Its a b...
  • History and Theory of Animation - All my work so far
    Find below PDF files containing my first year essay, my second year Literature reviews, Film review and Dissertation proposal. The Historica...
  • Negotiated Brief - Music Video
    For this we are given free reign and can do anything we like (so long as it is related to animation.) This is a great chance for me to explo...
  • Fin. "The Incomplete Activist" with CreativeConnection
    My role As it was a small creative team, my job was not restricted into one small area, but traversed many roles. I was bought in from the s...
  • Release of our 3D Grad film - "Kernel"
    It has been over a year since I graduated but at long last, our fantastic 3D animated film "Kernel" has now been released on Youtu...

Categories

  • 2D
  • 3D
  • animatic
  • animation technology
  • Annecy animation festival
  • audio visual
  • Backgrounds
  • Barista
  • Cinematography
  • CND competition
  • compositing
  • Creative Connection
  • design/pre-production
  • Dissertation
  • editing
  • experimental
  • final Art Foundation project
  • History and Theory
  • inspiration
  • Keeping It Brief
  • Kernel
  • Kickstarter CBT Promo
  • life drawing
  • Love Soldiers
  • Mapping Festival 2011
  • Modelling
  • Music Video
  • Negotiated brief
  • personal work
  • post-production
  • Projected History
  • Sketchbook
  • sparkle mouse
  • Storyboards
  • timelapse
  • title sequence
  • virtual reality

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (20)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2011 (52)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ▼  2010 (51)
    • ▼  December (8)
      • Arbressence logo
      • My favourite experimental videos from the class...
      • November 11 Second Club Results
      • Animated Exeter
      • 11 Second Club - Final Animation
      • 11 Second Club - Final progress
      • Our final experimental music animation
      • Experimental - jet pack penguin + progress
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2009 (13)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile