Rca Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 21 January 2011

Crew Assignment - Projected History

Posted on 06:27 by Unknown
I'm going to be working for two third years projects this term (and next I expect.)
One of which is 'Projected History' directed by Simon Carter.

The aim is to do a 3d mapping projection onto Tremough house (The old building situated in between Darington and Tremough campus.) We will be visually portraying the history of the building alongside references to the ages its been through (ie. the Industrial age.) It's quite an exciting project to work on and interesting to be behind the scenes.

My job so far has involved being part of the pre production team, but has also extended into modelling. Below, I have designed some of the shots for the Animatic.
Tremough house used to be a Nunnery..











Here is a boat I designed which I made an Animatic out of quite simply in Flash. The seagulls are a nice little addition :)



I have now started modelling the boat using the 2d image in the animatic above as reference, along with a couple of photos from the internet to show the front/top viewpoints of the boat. This all helps with the 3d modelling.





For these I have used NURBS as you get nice curves with it and also it is easier to texture then polygons. After speaking with Georg I've realised its now best to convert the NURBS to Polygons in order to join the side with the front. Texturing should still be easier as it transfers the NURBS UVs across. So the model is still in an early stage at the moment.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in 3D, design/pre-production, Modelling, Projected History | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So it begins...the third year! My plan of action..
    Third year. The final year. Our last year. (On our Digital Animation BA for those of you who may not know what I'm on about.) Its a litt...
  • Post progress
    I have been working on this quite a bit over the last week. First, I looked at the animatic to figure out the timing of the actual shooting ...
  • Projected History.. My ship is now in ship shape! Woo!
    This project has been chugging along happily in the background alongside all our other projects and so it has taken a while but.. the ship i...
  • Inspirational! Oktapodi
    Love this!  It was made in Paris at Goblins School of the Image and won 13 awards. As far as I can tell it was a collaboration between 6 pe...
  • Cinematography - experimenting and time lapse
    I got out a P2 camcorder from the media desk on Friday to have a good play with it over the weekend.. One of the first things I wanted to tr...
  • Rap video
    Heres a nice little rap video I came across.. I like the clever use of typography and colour synchronising smoothly with the lyrics. Its a b...
  • History and Theory of Animation - All my work so far
    Find below PDF files containing my first year essay, my second year Literature reviews, Film review and Dissertation proposal. The Historica...
  • Negotiated Brief - Music Video
    For this we are given free reign and can do anything we like (so long as it is related to animation.) This is a great chance for me to explo...
  • Fin. "The Incomplete Activist" with CreativeConnection
    My role As it was a small creative team, my job was not restricted into one small area, but traversed many roles. I was bought in from the s...
  • Release of our 3D Grad film - "Kernel"
    It has been over a year since I graduated but at long last, our fantastic 3D animated film "Kernel" has now been released on Youtu...

Categories

  • 2D
  • 3D
  • animatic
  • animation technology
  • Annecy animation festival
  • audio visual
  • Backgrounds
  • Barista
  • Cinematography
  • CND competition
  • compositing
  • Creative Connection
  • design/pre-production
  • Dissertation
  • editing
  • experimental
  • final Art Foundation project
  • History and Theory
  • inspiration
  • Keeping It Brief
  • Kernel
  • Kickstarter CBT Promo
  • life drawing
  • Love Soldiers
  • Mapping Festival 2011
  • Modelling
  • Music Video
  • Negotiated brief
  • personal work
  • post-production
  • Projected History
  • Sketchbook
  • sparkle mouse
  • Storyboards
  • timelapse
  • title sequence
  • virtual reality

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (20)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ▼  2011 (52)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ▼  January (12)
      • Cinematography - experimenting and time lapse
      • Life Drawing
      • Crew Assignment - Barista
      • Life Drawing
      • Crew Assignment - Projected History
      • Post-Production
      • Face Sculpt and Environment project from last year.
      • Harry the Crab -- Maya practice
      • Inspiration over Xmas/New Year
      • Time Lapse Tree shot
      • Light painting = fun :-)
      • Furry Tangents
  • ►  2010 (51)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2009 (13)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile