Rca Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 19 November 2010

Experimental - smarties and origami bird progression

Posted on 08:21 by Unknown
I wanted to use red wire for the smarties creatures legs so that the creature would be able to be animated on a green screen, but also so that it would stand out.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any red wire so I ended up buying some red metal paint and painting the wire. In the process of painting the wire I held them in some plastercine so they could dry well. I had to take a photo as I think these would work really well for animation - weird alien plant life forms. Actually you could probably find these creatures in the coral reef or something...



I spent a whole day in the studio making these. I think they look pretty cool. Pictured are all the tools and materials required to make them.



The Smarties creature is now ANIMATED ! : ) We have also animated it in a setting ( I will upload this at a later date.)



Me and Ryan have been working with the origami birds once again.. Its easier once you've done a trial attempt to make smoother animation as you know what you are doing more. We tried a bird taking off technique.. I quite like this.



Here me and Ryan reworked the shot we took before, only with Ryan turning his hand so it can make a bit more sense. Ryan is working at putting in a Live action backdrop to fit with this.



I quite like the smoothness of this fly cycle.. This bright green should hopefully be able to be 'keyed out' in aftereffects.



Here is a techno version! This works best at 9fps but I could only save it as an Avi which is way too big for the blog. This one here is a 7.5 fps mpeg version. 12fps is a be a bit too flashy.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in experimental | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So it begins...the third year! My plan of action..
    Third year. The final year. Our last year. (On our Digital Animation BA for those of you who may not know what I'm on about.) Its a litt...
  • Post progress
    I have been working on this quite a bit over the last week. First, I looked at the animatic to figure out the timing of the actual shooting ...
  • Projected History.. My ship is now in ship shape! Woo!
    This project has been chugging along happily in the background alongside all our other projects and so it has taken a while but.. the ship i...
  • Inspirational! Oktapodi
    Love this!  It was made in Paris at Goblins School of the Image and won 13 awards. As far as I can tell it was a collaboration between 6 pe...
  • Cinematography - experimenting and time lapse
    I got out a P2 camcorder from the media desk on Friday to have a good play with it over the weekend.. One of the first things I wanted to tr...
  • cool light tracing animation
    Just came across this little gem on youtube.. Amazing! love the look of it - the contrast of bright colours against a dark background..
  • Rap video
    Heres a nice little rap video I came across.. I like the clever use of typography and colour synchronising smoothly with the lyrics. Its a b...
  • History and Theory of Animation - All my work so far
    Find below PDF files containing my first year essay, my second year Literature reviews, Film review and Dissertation proposal. The Historica...
  • Negotiated Brief - Music Video
    For this we are given free reign and can do anything we like (so long as it is related to animation.) This is a great chance for me to explo...
  • Fin. "The Incomplete Activist" with CreativeConnection
    My role As it was a small creative team, my job was not restricted into one small area, but traversed many roles. I was bought in from the s...

Categories

  • 2D
  • 3D
  • animatic
  • animation technology
  • Annecy animation festival
  • audio visual
  • Backgrounds
  • Barista
  • Cinematography
  • CND competition
  • compositing
  • Creative Connection
  • design/pre-production
  • Dissertation
  • editing
  • experimental
  • final Art Foundation project
  • History and Theory
  • inspiration
  • Keeping It Brief
  • Kernel
  • Kickstarter CBT Promo
  • life drawing
  • Love Soldiers
  • Mapping Festival 2011
  • Modelling
  • Music Video
  • Negotiated brief
  • personal work
  • post-production
  • Projected History
  • Sketchbook
  • sparkle mouse
  • Storyboards
  • timelapse
  • title sequence
  • virtual reality

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (20)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2011 (52)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ▼  2010 (51)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ▼  November (9)
      • 11 second club - Animatic + supporting materials
      • Rap video
      • Origami video from an Italian 80s Cartoon
      • Experimental - smarties and origami bird progression
      • 11 second club - pre-production
      • Experimental - Smarties tube
      • Experimental - Frog videos..
      • Experimental progress..
      • Experimental - Animating Origami
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2009 (13)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile