Rca Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

The Catsters Paradise Design Bible complete extravaganza!

Posted on 05:38 by Unknown
Presenting.....

The complete design bible for the Animal Firm project. This was really fun at times. In particular I enjoyed coming up with the characters, writing about them and designing the family trees of how they are connected..

I learned about how important characters are when it comes to creating a show or film. Once you have a good idea of the characters the next step of developing a narrative/story becomes much easier.. In the development stage some characters looked really human just with animal heads (this was pointed out to me by my girlfriend Nina.) I took inspiration from Puss In Boots in Shrek for the character of Jazz Jules.

I did not have much spare much time for creating the animal world in which they lived and could only fit in a few single panels of situations. I think if I had another week I would have been able to come up with more situations, gags and better ideas for the world in which they inhabit. One idea I had was to base a night club underneath a pier but didn't have time to do it..















Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in design/pre-production | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So it begins...the third year! My plan of action..
    Third year. The final year. Our last year. (On our Digital Animation BA for those of you who may not know what I'm on about.) Its a litt...
  • Projected History.. My ship is now in ship shape! Woo!
    This project has been chugging along happily in the background alongside all our other projects and so it has taken a while but.. the ship i...
  • Post progress
    I have been working on this quite a bit over the last week. First, I looked at the animatic to figure out the timing of the actual shooting ...
  • Cinematography - experimenting and time lapse
    I got out a P2 camcorder from the media desk on Friday to have a good play with it over the weekend.. One of the first things I wanted to tr...
  • Rap video
    Heres a nice little rap video I came across.. I like the clever use of typography and colour synchronising smoothly with the lyrics. Its a b...
  • Inspirational! Oktapodi
    Love this!  It was made in Paris at Goblins School of the Image and won 13 awards. As far as I can tell it was a collaboration between 6 pe...
  • Negotiated Brief - Music Video
    For this we are given free reign and can do anything we like (so long as it is related to animation.) This is a great chance for me to explo...
  • Release of our 3D Grad film - "Kernel"
    It has been over a year since I graduated but at long last, our fantastic 3D animated film "Kernel" has now been released on Youtu...
  • First week
    After completing a year on the Illustration BA course at Falmouth I have decided I want to make the pictures move and I am much more inspire...
  • Experimental Animation
    Me and Al decided to have a go at some painting on plastic animations: I found it to be an enjoyably process as it is hands on.. This kinda ...

Categories

  • 2D
  • 3D
  • animatic
  • animation technology
  • Annecy animation festival
  • audio visual
  • Backgrounds
  • Barista
  • Cinematography
  • CND competition
  • compositing
  • Creative Connection
  • design/pre-production
  • Dissertation
  • editing
  • experimental
  • final Art Foundation project
  • History and Theory
  • inspiration
  • Keeping It Brief
  • Kernel
  • Kickstarter CBT Promo
  • life drawing
  • Love Soldiers
  • Mapping Festival 2011
  • Modelling
  • Music Video
  • Negotiated brief
  • personal work
  • post-production
  • Projected History
  • Sketchbook
  • sparkle mouse
  • Storyboards
  • timelapse
  • title sequence
  • virtual reality

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (20)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (12)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2011 (52)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ▼  2010 (51)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ▼  June (4)
      • Will And The People - Mr Sketchy - Official Music ...
      • Blake Evans
      • Paper plane flight animation
      • The Catsters Paradise Design Bible complete extrav...
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2009 (13)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile